More and more homeowners today are looking to transform their bathrooms into luxurious and relaxing retreats with the look and amenities of an upscale spa. A frameless glass shower door – a shower door made completely of glass — is the perfect way to upgrade and enhance the appearance of a bath while offering many practical benefits including:
- Durability: Because thicker glass and heavy-duty hardware are used to support the glass panels, frameless bath enclosures are much stronger and sturdier than glass enclosures with metal framing.
- Low maintenance: In a frameless shower door, the glass makes direct contact with your tile, eliminating corrosion that builds up on the metal track of a door with a frame. To clean the glass, many use a simple squeegee or glass cleaner once a week. There are also factory sealants that can be applied to the glass that replicate a Teflon finish where the water drops roll off the glass. Your glass professional can provide more information on sealants when you consult with them.
- Less mess: The seal-in technology of frameless glass doors keeps the water from spilling out to the bathroom area.
- Safe: Frameless glass edges are filed down to a smooth surface that presents no danger to anyone climbing in or out of your shower. And since glass showers are made of tempered glass, they are also very difficult doors to shatter or break.
- Versatile: Frameless doors can be designed to fit any space, making them ideal for any size bathroom – large and small.
- Creative flexibility: A frameless shower door allows for much more creative flexibility when matching your plumbing fixtures, choosing a specific height, or coordinating a particular style to your bathroom remodel.
- A long term solution: Frameless enclosures are a great way to let your home age with you, because the entry can be leveled with the floor to create easy access as we become older and less mobile. They meld timeless style with ageless accommodation!
- A better ROI: Being that a frameless system is much more desirable to new homebuyers, you’ll receive a better return on your investment when it comes time to sell.
The aesthetic advantages and visual appeal of frameless glass enclosures are abundant – including the openness, fluidity and flow they provide to your bathroom. Combined with the practical and functional benefits they offer, there’s every reason to consider a frameless glass enclosure for your bathroom! Take a look at our frameless glass enclosures.