Christmastime is when you decorate your house inside and out to share the season and celebration with family, friends and neighbors. But if you have old windows that fog up in the cold weather, no one can see your beautiful decorations inside your house! Maybe it’s time to consider residential glass replacement!
Why do old windows fog up?
When one of the seals on an insulated window fails, moist air is allowed to seep between the panes, where it condenses — in turn causing the window to fog up. In time, if the window fogs up enough, you may start to see a mineral deposit on the glass that makes it look dirty all the time.
Why replace instead of repair or restore?
When windows fog and fail, the best option by far is replacement. For one, it’s extremely difficult to separate the old panes, clean them up and reseal them again. In addition, the glass becomes etched from the minerals in the moist air. Also, the old seals are difficult to remove in order to get a tight new seal. In other words, a repair is simply not a cost effective long term solution.
Benefits of residential glass replacementResidential glass replacement is a year round gift to your home and family with so many benefits including:
· Lower Energy Costs. Replacing your windows may be one of the most cost-effective home improvements you can make. Well-insulated windows keep extreme outdoor conditions from affecting your indoor heating and cooling system.
· UV Protection. Most people love having natural light in the home, but excessive ultraviolet rays can cause fading in your home’s interior. Protect your home’s walls, floors, and furnishings by choosing windows that have Low-E insulating double-pane or triple-pane glass with argon that provides added protection from UV-rays. It’s like sunscreen for your house!
· Easy Maintenance. Replacing your existing windows with new quality windows that feature advanced technology will increase sustainability. Look for easy-clean features, durability, and quality construction. Also, innovative designs not only contribute to less time spent cleaning, but they can reduce the dust and allergens in your home.
· A Safer Home. Quality windows can increase the safety and security of your home. For example, tempered glass is less likely to cause injury when accidentally broken, as it’s designed to break into small granular chunks instead of splintering into jagged shards. Laminated glass has a polymer interlayer that holds the glass together if shattered – offering added protection from potential intruders.
· Curb Appeal. While replacing your windows can reduce energy costs and increase security, the style, color, and material can also benefit your home. New and improved windows can boost your home’s curb appeal, adding visual interest that can also help increase your home’s overall value. According to the National Association of Realtors, window replacement projects can return homeowners more than 78% of the project costs upon resale!
Call Glass N Pane today!
At Glass N Pane, we excel at residential glass replacement and can even match your existing windows with our painted vinyl and fiberglass services. Family owned and operated for over 24 years, we have built a “put the customer first reputation” with our reliable service that’s always delivered with a smile. At Glass N Pane, we’re committed to making your experience as simple as possible.
Call us today at 972-436-4221 to schedule a complimentary consultation and estimate. Enjoy your holiday season by experiencing the Clear Difference at Glass N Pane today! Contact us today.