When it’s time for a bathroom remodel, you’ll have two choices when it comes to your shower: framed or frameless. At Glass N Pane, we’ve worked with homeowners, builders, remodelers and interior designers for almost 25 years – and we’re here to help you with the best solution for your shower and bathroom needs!
What’s the difference between a framed and frameless shower?
Traditional shower doors are usually framed and come with an aluminum frame on all sides of the panel. Frameless doors, as the name suggests, do not have the aluminum framing. Instead, the door hinges are installed directly onto the glass. Due to an array of advantages – including enhanced aesthetics – the frameless shower has become an increasingly popular choice with homeowners. Their advantages include:
· High-End Appearance. Many homeowners dream of a bathroom that looks like an exclusive and luxurious spa and feels like a relaxing getaway from the stresses of everyday life. A frameless shower offers a classic and high-end appearance that complements the other design elements throughout your bathroom. In addition, when you opt for frameless doors, the unobstructed and perfectly clear glass accents the other design choices you’ve made in the space – including fixtures and tile.
· Durable Design. The thicker and stronger glass used for frameless shower doors means that you can count on your shower enclosure to last for years to come.
· High Return on Investment. If you’re remodeling with future resale concerns in mind, a frameless shower enclosure is an excellent choice. Residential real estate buyers are drawn to the luxurious appearance of frameless showers — and many buyers look specifically for frameless showers.
· Appearance of Added Space. One of the fundamentals of bathroom design is to minimize dividing lines that can make the space seem smaller or more cramped. With most types of shower enclosure, you don’t have the option to eliminate the harsh lines that create visual distractions. However, a frameless enclosure completely removes the delineation between your shower and the rest of your bathroom, which can make the room seem brighter and more spacious overall.
· Safe Design. The design requirements inherent in a frameless shower configuration increase the safety of your bathroom. Some homeowners decide against glass enclosures for fear of accidental breakages and the risk of injury involved. However, with frameless shower doors, not only is the glass made thick enough to resist all but the strongest blows, but the edges of the glass are treated to eliminate the hazard of cuts and scrapes.
· Versatility. Because frameless showers are made with such precision, the doors can be used in any type of bathroom, including spaces intended primarily for the children in your household — or for individuals who use mobility devices that could come into contact with the glass.
· Simple Maintenance. Frameless shower doors are some of the simplest shower enclosures to maintain over time. Because the doors consist almost entirely of glass designed for use in humid and wet conditions, the potential for unwanted organic growth is lower than with shower curtains. The lack of a metal frame also reduces the amount of soap scum and limescale that collects on the enclosure. Additionally, the enclosure is less likely to develop any sort of corrosion that could affect the function, beauty, or cleaning of the glass doors.
Call Glass N Pane today!
Family owned and operated for over 24 years, we have built a “put the customer first reputation” with our reliable service that’s always delivered with a smile. At Glass N Pane, we’re committed to making your experience as simple as possible.
Call us today at 972-436-4221 to schedule a complimentary consultation and estimate. Let the pros at Glass N Pane help you transform your bathroom into a luxurious, relaxing and low-maintenance retreat with a frameless shower! Contact us today!